Hello there. Nice to see you. How was your weekend?
Mine was delightful, thanks. Around here, I’ve been (and am):
- baking delicious, light citrus-glazed cookies, whose taste is the very essence of spring
- spending my lunch breaks in the Public Garden, among blossoming trees and busy ducks and fellow Bostonians soaking up the sunshine
- savoring the spring temps before the return of chilly rain
- eking a few more weeks out of my six-year-old laptop, which shouts “Low Battery!” at me every thirty seconds
- reading a stack of great books, including more Miss Read, a novel set in North Oxford (where I used to live), some vintage Madeleine L’Engle and a fun YA time-travel story
- knitting myself a case for my new movie-star-glam sunglasses
- eating a mixture of winter standbys (chili, curry, tomato soup) and spring favorites (pasta with fresh veggies, new recipes involving spinach and peas, handfuls of tiny strawberries)
- buying plane tickets to go meet my new nephew in a month or so!
- drinking a mix of strong winter teas (Yorkshire or Earl Grey with milk) and lighter, summer favorites (ginger peach, cranberry almond, blackberry sage)
- writing a page or two in my journal here and there, and working on my manuscript pages for the Glen East workshop in June
- watching occasional episodes of Castle, Mary Tyler Moore and Friends
- dreaming of travel possibilities for summertime
What are you up to lately?