It is (finally) feeling springlike here in the Northeast – the trees are budding, the crocuses are sprouting, the air smells of damp earth (and mulch), and our students are wearing flip-flops around campus. I’m sure we’ll have more chilly days, but I’ve got a vase of daffodils on my desk and a little spring fever in my fingertips.
I’ve been making spring plans for weeks, it seems, so here’s a list of the fun things I’d like to do, try and taste this spring:
- Watch for crocuses, daffodils, blooming trees and tulips. (Pictured above: daffodils in Oxford, spring 2008.)
- Fly down to Texas later this month, for a work conference and a weekend with family.
- While I’m there, eat as much Tex-Mex food as I can. (Obviously.)
- Wear brightly colored shoes. (My silver flats and new bright green loafers are begging for a few long walks.)
- Bake with rhubarb.
- Continue the #100happydays photo challenge. (Loving it.)
- Treat myself to a pedicure (maybe while I’m in Texas).
- Celebrate my husband’s 30th birthday in early May.
- Host a spring-cleaning clothing and book swap.
- Make some summer travel plans.
What’s on your list for this spring?