We’re headed into my favorite season, which contains my birthday (next week!), crisp air and red leaves, the beginning of a new school year (bouquets of sharpened pencils, anyone?) and the sense of endless possibility.
I love a good list in a new season, so here’s my manifesto for this fall:
- Reread the Emily Byrd Starr books by L.M. Montgomery – they seem perfect for crisp golden mornings and velvet twilights.
- Find the perfect double-breasted trench coat.
- Host my sister and brother-in-law for a visit (this weekend!).
- Go apple picking, make pumpkin bread and cranberry bread, drink chai and savor the last of summer’s produce.
- Spend a week in Oxford for the first time in five years. (!!!)
- Spend a long weekend in NYC with the hubs. (I love New York in the fall.)
- Write by hand nearly every day.
- Read at least three classics. (I’ve got Silas Marner and The Song of the Lark on the short stack.)
- Knit something fun and colorful.
What’s on your list for this fall?