Here’s an update on my manifesto items:
Reread the Emily Byrd Starr books by L.M. Montgomery.Done. I love this series and it had been far too long. I enjoyed spending time with Emily again.
- Find the perfect double-breasted trench coat. Still looking.
Host my sister and brother-in-law for a visit. My sister came alone, and while we missed her husband, we had a fabulous time. Go apple picking.(Check. Cider donuts and all.)
- Make pumpkin bread and cranberry-orange bread. I need to get on this.
Drink chaiand savor the last of summer’s produce. Yes and yes. Spend a week in Oxford for the first time in five years. As you might expect (and as you know if you’re a regular reader), it was fantastic.
Spend a long weekend in NYC with the hubs.We had a wonderful time. (I love New York in the fall.)
- Write by hand nearly every day.* Working on it.
- Read at least three classics.* (Silas Marner = read. The Song of the Lark, The Handmaid’s Tale and Sense and Sensibility – a reread – are all on the short stack.)
- Knit something fun and colorful.* I’ve started a Bees to Honey shawl for myself and a secret project for a friend.
How’s your fall going? (To those celebrating – happy Halloween!)