After a hot, humid end to May and a truly frigid beginning to June (two days of April-like chilly drizzle and occasional downpours), the weather is behaving a little more like summer. I’m already drinking my favorite summer teas and eating strawberries with my breakfast – but there are a hundred other things I love about summer. So here are a few I’d like to indulge in:
- Eat all the summer fruits (rhubarb, peaches, tomatoes and every kind of berry I can find)
- Related: go to the farmers’ market at Harvard and maybe the one over at Copley Square
- Wear skirts and shorts as often as possible
- Get a pedicure (or two)
- Snuggle my friends’ baby, Evie, whom I met last week (isn’t she precious?)
- Go visit my family in Texas
- Laugh and laugh with J at episodes of Modern Family (we’re newly hooked)
- Go kayaking on the Charles River (I went for the first time recently, and it was fantastic)
- Drink lemonade and sangria
- Eat lots of ice cream (and fro-yo)
- Take lots of long walks (to counterbalance the ice cream)
- Soak up every bit of summer sunshine – summer in New England is lovely but fleeting.
What’s on your list for this summer?