The long, lazy summer days are finally here – but they’re slipping away alarmingly fast. It’s been a while since my last “right now” post, so I wanted to take stock of what’s happening around here in this season.
Right now, in mid-July 2015, I am:
- starting many mornings with the Yoga Studio app and then a cup of ginger peach (or blackberry sage) tea in my favorite cobalt blue mug, a souvenir from the Ground Floor many summers ago.
- listening to the You’ve Got Mail soundtrack (still so good), construction noise outside my apartment windows, and lots of Taylor Swift.
- hanging out at Darwin’s a few times a week, writing and people-watching and drinking (more) ginger peach tea.
- making anything for dinner that doesn’t involve turning on the oven: pasta with fresh veggies, pita wraps with hummus, chicken burritos, zucchini quesadillas, a few salads.
- eating all the summer fruits I can handle. (The berries are back at the farmers’ market, and I am one happy girl.)
- scheduling “coffee” dates which are really lemonade or fro-yo dates. (It’s hot!)
- spending Sunday nights in Ryan and Amy’s backyard, where we grill various meats (and pineapple), eat guacamole and fruit and ice cream, watch the kids run around, and pet Telly, the world’s sweetest dog.
- snuggling my friends’ new baby, Evie, whenever I get a chance.
- loving the flowers of summer – peonies, Gerbera daisies, sunflowers. (My friend Kate says you can chart the seasons by the most popular flowers on Instagram. It’s true!)
- walking along the Charles River Esplanade about once a week. It’s green and gorgeous down there, and I am always watching for ducklings.
- wearing dresses and skirts during the day, shorts on the weekends, sandals and comfy flats all the time.
- watching a little Modern Family with J and an occasional episode of Veronica Mars by myself.
- reading lots of great nonfiction – Mission High, Consider the Fork, Between You & Me – and a stack of mysteries.
- drinking gallons of lemonade.
- savoring lots of ice cream. We are recently obsessed with Talenti gelato.
- thinking about another getaway with the hubs, maybe in August.
What are you up to right now?