I loved Ali Edwards’ post last week about 39 little things she’s thankful for right now. We are in the middle of a full, messy time of year – the end of the semester is approaching and there’s a lot going on, both at work and at home.
This is, as Ali noted, one of the best times to stop and take a look around. So here’s a snapshot of my life right now, with several snippets of gratitude thrown in.
Right now – in early May 2015 – I am:
- walking around Harvard Square on my lunch breaks, enjoying the (sometimes chilly but no longer brutal) spring air.
- sitting on the steps of Memorial Church and watching the world go by in Harvard Yard, when it’s warm enough.
- snapping photo after photo of flowers and blooming trees. (See above.)
- buying tulips twice a week (one bouquet for work, one for home) from my favorite florist in Brattle Square.
- texting a friend or two about what is saving my life, what’s driving me crazy, and everything in between.
- looking forward to (and soon, packing for) a trip to San Diego with the hubs!
- still eating lots of soup, but mixing in some dishes that include spring veggies.
- wearing dresses (most of them are striped) with black leggings and my jade green coat.
- switching between silver ballet flats, black booties and the green loafers that match said coat.
- reading a fantastic history of the Sherlock Holmes phenomenon (out June 2), and all the cozy mysteries I can handle.
- drinking David’s Cream of Earl Grey tea by the quart, and ginger steamers with honey and lemon from Crema (the best cure for a sore throat).
- fighting a lingering cough from that cold I caught a couple of weeks ago.
- watching episodes of Mary Tyler Moore on some evenings, and Call the Midwife once a week.
- blasting Taylor Swift while I cook dinner or clean.
- celebrating my husband’s 31st birthday, which is tomorrow.
- keeping up with the daily duties of church and work and home.
- hanging out in the Public Garden about once a week – where the trees are blooming and the ducks are quacking up a storm.
- missing my Texas family and wondering when I can get down there next.
- prepping for the end of the semester and the attendant Commencement craziness.
- sorting through piles of review books, and curating a short stack of vacation reading.
- sipping a glass of red wine (usually Cabernet) about once a week.
- scribbling in my journal when I can.
- stretching out at yoga class on Monday nights, and doing an occasional at-home session with the app.
- thinking about making summer plans.
What does life look like for you right now?